While we take social TV seriously here at Lost Remote, we always appreciate some good holiday fun. Spacecraft TV – a company that launched this November and provides multiplatform TV shows across all genres, with a focus on social media and second screen integration – put together a list of the ten things a social TV marketer doesn’t want to hear this holiday season.
1. There are more fake Facebook and Twitter accounts than real ones.
2. One quarter of all installed browsers run ad-blocking software.
3. #SocialTV doesn’t do Follow Trains and doesn’t Follow Back.
4. 1,500 in-show tweets doesn’t mean your link has reached 1.5m users.
5. >40% of Twitter’s 500m daily tweets are selfies or belfies.
6. #CandyCrushSaga is 103,850% more popular than #socialTV.
7. @stephenfry NEVER reads DMs.
8. 85% of trolls NEVER suffer Troll Remorse.
9. Advertisers sometimes divert surplus budget to #socialTV “as a joke”.
10. I gave that #pocketsquare you’re proudly boasting to your Mom last Christmas.
- An inside look at reddit's first live stream event: 'redditgifts Shopping Network'
- How are you feeling today? An inside look at how 'The Dr. Oz Show' is using social TV
- How will social TV users shop for the holidays?