Lost Remote just received data from Facebook about social activity from last night’s Oscars. While Twitter clearly made it deeply into the story line of the show (and generated a record breaking tweet), Facebook was of course still a social TV powerhouse for the TV event. Here are the details.
The Facebook data team looked at all the conversation around the Oscars last night and found that 11.1 million people had over 25.4 million interactions (posts, comments and likes). The top social moments on Facebook were:
1. ”12 Years a Slave” wins Best Picture
2. Jared Leto wins Best Supporting Actor and thanks his mom
3. Matthew McConaughey wins Best Actor
4. Bette Midler sings “Wind Beneath My Wings”
5. Pizza at the Oscars
And the demo breakdown of what groups were talking about the show most were:
1. Women, 18-34
2. Women, 35-49
3. Men, 18-34
4. Women, 50+
5. Men, 35-49
- 'Game of Thrones' Was the Most Talked About TV Show on Facebook in 2014
- Millions of People Are Consuming Fan Fiction Right Now. Who Knew?
- NowThis ABC News: World News Tonight Produces Minute-Long Clips for Facebook
- THR and Facebook Launch "TV Obsession Index"