Lost Remote received data from Facebook’s data team about the social activity surrounding the 2014 NCAA Tournament and Monday night’s championship game between the UConn Huskies and Kentucky Wildcats.
15.3 million people in the U.S. had 46 million interactions (defined as posts, comments and likes) related to the NCAA Tournament on Facebook between March 16 and April 7.
Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright were the most-mentioned players on Facebook during Monday night’s game.
There were also some moments during the championship game that caused a spike in conversation on Facebook.
2. Dunk by James Young gives Kentucky spark in second half
3. UConn leads at halftime, 35-31
4. UConn wins the National Championship
5. UConn starts off strong up to the first timeout
Wildcats head coach John Calipari took to Facebook after the game to express his disappointment, while Dwight Howard posted a video of him ribbing current Houston Rockets teammate and former Wildcat Terrence Jones.
- You Can Now Google 'America's Got Talent' to Save Your Favorite Contestants
- How 'Alex on the Plaza' is Using Social to Produce Great 'Today' Show Moments
- 'Despierta América' Unveils 'The Social Media Set'
- USA Network Partners With Wattpad for 'Dig' Prequel