Super Bowl XLVII promises to be the most social Super Bowl ever, and might even be the most social single event of 2013. To prepare you for the event, here’s a roundup of ways to stay connected before, during, and after the game whether you like football or care more about the commercials and halftime show (or the Puppy Bowl).
- GetGlue has teamed up with Hulu for Super Bowl weekend. The Super Bowl commercials on Hulu’s AdZone will be available on GetGlue, enabling GetGlue users to check-in to the ads, earn special Hulu Super Bowl ad stickers, engage with the ads with other users, and unlock a free month of Hulu Plus.
- A new interactive iOS and Facebook application, TradeSports allows you to create a “virtual” market out of this year’s Super Bowl game by competing in leagues and winning real prizes based on the changing probabilities of the Ravens or 49ers chances to win the game. The founders of Intrade created TradeSports by combining mobile and gaming with a proprietary financial markets platform.
- Zeebox is activating around the fact 51% of Super Bowl viewers don’t tune in to the Super Bowl for the football so much as the commercials and halftime show. Viewers will be able to join a live party during the game via the zeebox app hosted by NeNe Leakes, star of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta and NBC’sThe New Normal. Leakes will chat with fans and interact with a new feature called the “Buzz Bubbler,” a real-time social meter that captures buzz around advertisers airing commercials during the game. Fans in the app will be able to vote in the Buzz Bubbler by clicking on their favorite brand and tweeting about them.
- The Akamai Net Usage Index for Advertising will measure site traffic for a significant portion of Super Bowl advertisers that are integrating an online, mobile or social component into their televised advertising campaigns.. The Index will allow fans and advertisers to see real-time spikes in traffic before, during and after the game.
- In what has become must-watch TV, Puppy Bowl IX will air today at 3pm ET on Animal Planet.The network will look to build on the success of last year’s event, which resulted in more than 200,000 Tweets. Teaming up with Yahoo!’s IntoNow, Animal Planet will bring viewers Puppy Bowl Plus, a second screen experience available on Android and iOS devices. Presented exclusively by Subaru, the digital experience syncs to the content on screen, and features live polls, video extras, exclusive photos, real-time meme generator CapIt and more.
- How Budweiser, Coca-Cola, and Esurance Won Super Bowl XLVIII
- Broadway Joe Lights Up Social During Super Bowl
- Tracking the virality of Super Bowl commercials with iSpot.tv
- Puppy Bowl X may be cute, but don’t take the event lightly