Sunday night the BET Awards 14 took place live from Los Angeles. For years, the network’s massive awards show has grown and innovated across social TV. Even Twitter’s Liz Myers covered their activations in advance of the awards on their media blog. Yesterday, BET released the social TV results from the awards. Here are the details.
Here are the highlights:
- BET Awards 14 was the #1 Award Show on cable this season drawing 7.9 million total viewers
- It was the most tweeted BET Awards show ever with 11 million tweets and had the most tweets per user of any TV special.
- Up one million tweets from last year, this year’s show is the most tweeted about “BET Awards” ever; outperforming the “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globes,” “ People’s Choice Awards,” “Game 5 of the NBA Finals” and the “World Cup USA vs. Portugal.”
- BET Facebook page reached 15 million unique users generating 50.5 million impressions
- BET Awards Facebook page reached 7.3 million unique users creating an additional 25.8 million impressions
- 240K Instagram posts tagged with the hashtag #BETAwards
- BET Awards Tumblr page had over 40k notes and reblogs – total followers increased 35% in the last week
- BET.com experienced the highest level of traffic in connection with the premiere of the awards
Even in the middle of the social TV world cup frenzy it’s impressive how much of an impact the show made on social. Chris Rock hosted and Pharrell and Beyonce were among the big winners.
- Streamy Awards Honor Internet's Best, Pay Tribute to Joan Rivers
- Stand Up To Cancer Partners With Facebook to Amplify Message
- Stats Roundup: VMAs and Emmys Dominate Social on Back-to-Back Nights
- The Emmys Were Boring