A few TV industry headlines from around the web to share…
- Dish DVR draws fire – Customers may be impressed by Dish Network’s commercial-skipping feature on the Hopper DVR, but at least two networks aren’t so happy.
- But can they stop it? – How the TV industry blew its best chance to kill Dish’s ad-skipping technology. (Hint: Remember ReplayTV?)
- Social news discovery service – New geolocation service Geofeedia helps journalists locate real-time photos, tweets where news breaks.
- Live TV viewing down – Not like this is surprising, but live ratings are in decline as viewers’ attention is diverted across a new sea of on-demand opportunities.
- Google TV on LG – LG shows off the “best Google TV yet,” according to VentureBeat, with motion-controlled “magic remote,” 3D capability and dual-core CPU.
- Groupon TV show – CBS orders a new series about twentysomethings who work at Groupon, but oddly calls the show, “Friend Me.” Huh?
Are you getting our daily email newsletter? Sign up for free right here.