BroadcastAsia is underway in Singapore and Lost Remote is here covering all of the social TV news. MediaCorp has just revealed a new version of their companion app called “Toggle Now TV,” which was developed by Applicaster who will be presented today at BroadcastAsia and will be on a panel I’m moderating tomorrow. MediaCorp “is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.” Here are the details of the new app.
Goal of the app:
“Working on the new Toggle Now with Applicaster, MediaCorp’s main goal is to engage viewers via an interactive and intuitive application, getting viewers even closer to the content MediaCorp offers,” according to the release.
“Through Toggle Now, we aim to provide our viewers with new experiences in consuming content, and engage them in activities and conversations around our shows, all wrapped in a fun and interactive manner,” said Mr. Chang Long Jong, Deputy CEO of MediaCorp.
- Toggle Now offers video content, second screen and gamification activities, such as trivia questions and polls around shows from its seven TV channels.
- EPG with reminders capability is also implemented, as well as Applicaster’s social primetime FEED.
- This innovative product by Applicaster offers an aggregated timeline of all show-associated broadcaster activities combined with social elements, such as comments, photos, tweets, and replies.
- Alan Wolk Named Chairman of the 2nd Screen Society
- Hulu 'Didn't Know' It Was Sending User Data to Facebook
- Viggle Gives Advertisers 'Access' to Highly Targeted Second Screen Audience
- Exclusive: iPowow Powers Real-Time Judging Solution for WJXT's 4th of July Singing Contest