Comedy Central yesterday announced a new weekly digital series, ‘CC:Social Scene,’ which will feature improv talent reacting to tweets. The initial run will consist of six episodes and will be hosted by comedian Paul Scheer.
The series, which is sponsored by Redd’s Apple Ale, debuted July 28 on CC.com and the CC YouTube Channel, and will be promoted across Comedy Central’s social channels. Each week, Scheer will ask fans on Twitter to share their thoughts around a topic, which will be the inspiration for improv sketches from an ensemble including Lee Newton, H. Michael Croner, Lilan Bowden, Jacob Womack, Jeff Sloniker and Barak Hardley. The concept is similar to Jimmy Fallon’s popular ‘Late Night Hashtags,’ except viewers will actually see their tweets come to life (and likely with unintended results).
The six sketch topics that the “CC: Social Scene” improv team will act out include:
- Break-up Lines – Improv crew enacts a scene inspired by fan submitted break up lines
- Worst Summer Blockbuster Trailers – Improv team will produce a trailer for films fans suggest
- What Washes up on the Beach – The intrepid cast tries to enjoy a day at the beach but are constantly interrupted by random items that wash ashore all via fans tweets
- Oddest Combos at the BBQ – Fans suggest who they want to see at the CC: Social Scene BBQ. Cast members will create the many characters at the party
- Beach Hogs – The improv crew will portray a scene inspired by fans’ beach horror stories
- When Viral Video Jumps From Your Second Screen to TV
- Vocativ Founder Launches $120 Million Start-Up Fund; Invests in SocialStudios
- BuzzFeed Makes Major Expansion, Launches 'BuzzFeed Motion Pictures'
- Roy Sekoff of HuffPost Live: 'We Set Out to Expand the Definition of Social TV'