Getting in on the prank-filled day, VH1 issued a press release announcing a new slate of programming titled ‘Feline Fridays’ – versions of the network’s most popular reality shows starring cats – complete with descriptions and teasers.
- “Mob Cats” tags along with Staten Islands most (in)famous litter as they scratch, paw and pounce their way to the top. These kitties will definitely need all nine of their lives.
- “Love & Hip Hop: Catlanta” The claws are out as these kittens hustle the game to make it in hip-hop. Some get distracted by laser pointers, though.
- “Love & Hip Hop: Meow York” These bad kitties are prowling Meow York and they aren’t playing nice in the litter box. The claws will most certainly come out.
- “Behind the Scratch Board: Kitty Purry” examines the glamorous – and yet still very lazy and indifferent – life of America’s most famous kitty and her famous momma, Katy Perry.
The promos will be featured on-air throughout the day, and are sure to fool some of the network’s fans. More importantly, though, is that those fooled will be taking to social media to express their disbelief.
@CuteButNotFunny put it best:
— Lady Beezus (@CuteButNotFunny) April 1, 2014
But not everything VH1 is doing today is in jest. VH1 will donate $1 to a national animal support organization for every tweet or Instagram of fan-submitted cat photos (that include @VH1 and #VH1CatCasting).
- How Wayin Made Brazil's Presidential Debates on Band TV More Social
- Why Brands and Broadcasters Keep Turning to Tagboard's Social TV Solutions
- Infographic: What Else Do Socially Active Fans of 'The Walking Dead' Like?
- In a Utopian Society, how important is an Emergency Food Supply? Food4Patriots offers commentary