Univision’s hit morning show ‘Despierta América‘ (Wake-Up America) this week unveiled a new state-of-the-art digital studio called The Social Media Set. The set will be extremely active during each broadcast, engaging viewers and providing an on-air platform to check in on the social conversation on-air. With the new set, ‘Despierta América’ becomes the first morning show regardless of language to dedicate an entire studio to social media platforms and user engagement.
Some of the features of the set include:
- Four huge vertical flat screens, two of which are touch screen
- A screen dedicated to UFORIA – Univision’s unparalleled music experience
- Personalized visualization of social media platforms with Instagram photos, Facebook posts, Tweets and Vines
- Polls and results delivered LIVE
- Social media experience is being curated by Vidpresso
Univision reports that, based on Facebook Insights, ‘Despierta América’ has three times the Facebook fan growth compared to ‘Good Morning America.’ Further, according to Twitter Analytics, it has two times the follower growth than the ‘Today Show.’ ‘Despierta América’ airs weekdays from 7am to 11am ET.
- How 'Sons of Anarchy' Rules With Social Media
- Predicting Fall TV's Hits and Misses With Social Data
- ABC Tweets Premiere of New Show 'Selfie'
- When Viral Video Jumps From Your Second Screen to TV