Dijit Media has continued to push forward as the role of the second screen for TV evolves. In September they launched NextGuide, an app that compliments their original Dijit universal remote app. As the year comes to an end the San Francisco-based company has announced some major updates to both apps.
Dijit has also been updated to integrate NextGuide as the company takes a big step to unite both platforms. Here are the details of the updates.
- The app will support iOS 6, iPhone 5′s, and Retina iPads.
- NextGuide integration – now all Dijit Remote users and NextGuide users share the same profiles, so anyone can use either, or both of our apps for content discover on their iPad or iPhone.
- There will now be a “record to DVR” option for DirecTV subscribers.
- The user experience has been updated for a sleeker design.
- “virtually every feature now supports accessibility options.”
- ABC News App's Big Traffic Bump
- Univision partners with Applicaster to give viewers a deeper way to connect with characters
- CNN to host 'PoliCast' during tonight's State of the Union Address
- 'Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen' gives ousted ‘Top Chef’ contestants a second chance