Dijit Media has continued to push forward as the role of the second screen for TV evolves. In September they launched NextGuide, an app that compliments their original Dijit universal remote app. As the year comes to an end the San Francisco-based company has announced some major updates to both apps.
Dijit has also been updated to integrate NextGuide as the company takes a big step to unite both platforms. Here are the details of the updates.
- The app will support iOS 6, iPhone 5′s, and Retina iPads.
- NextGuide integration – now all Dijit Remote users and NextGuide users share the same profiles, so anyone can use either, or both of our apps for content discover on their iPad or iPhone.
- There will now be a “record to DVR” option for DirecTV subscribers.
- The user experience has been updated for a sleeker design.
- “virtually every feature now supports accessibility options.”
- Forwerd Media’s Alert Me TV seeks to be the leader of TV show discovery and mobile alerts
- Twitter turns into a TV remote as Comcast begins rolling out SEEit service
- Machinima Xbox One App Unites Gamers and Second Screen
- Twitter quietly debuts one of its biggest social TV products to date