CBS’s Big Brother is a staple in reality TV that has sought to define what innovative multi-platform content really means. This summer the network grew Big Brother Live Feeds, a subscription service for uber fans that offers “subscriber-only web chat, four different live feeds, multiple camera angles, quad-camera view, and live stream playback – along with new features like live feed highlights, offering bookmarks of key moments in the house; the ability to rewind within live playback.” Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Platforms for CBS Interactive Entertainment Rob Gelick just presented results from this platform for the first time at the Lost Remote Show in LA currently taking place.
Here are the outstanding results that Gelick just announced.
- New subscribers for the Big Brother Live Feeds service were up nearly 100% over last year
- Big Brother Live Feeds streamed 10+ million hours of live video
- 18M flashback views as part of the Big Brother Live Feed Service
- The level of engagement in the Big Brother Live Feed community was astounding – 31M chat entries had been logged
- CBS.com-driven fan voting (MVP, America’s Favorite HG, Food Votes) was up 525% YOY
- 71% overall growth in tweets YOY for Big Brother this season
- Exclusive: Univision presents multiplatform experience for hit telenovelas at Lost Remote Show
- Exclusive: NBC announces social TV growth for 'The Voice' at Lost Remote Show
- Exclusive: Fox Executive on Social TV Powerhouse 'Glee'
- Exclusive: Fox releases fan created 'Almost Human' trailer at Lost Remote Show