The Lost Remote NYC show took place yesterday bringing together the brightest minds in social TV. I had the honor of leading the opening keynote with MTV President Stephen Friedman (who’s annual upfront is currently underway) and an afternoon session with some of the brightest minds on the network side of social TV. HBO Vice President of Social Media and Performance Marketing Sabrina Caluori presented results from their big Game of Thrones season three launch, exclusively at the event.
- The season 3 trailer of Game of Thrones earned over 21 million views on YouTube, their most viewed video ever.
- They generated over 34 million impressions by getting celebs and fans of the show, like Stephen Colbert and Mindy Kaling involved
- A huge part of their strategy was a global mobile activation, an HTML5 app called “Join the Realm” that had over 1 million visits, from 200+ countries, with an average time of 11 minutes spent on the app. Over 600,000 Sigils were created, like this hilarious Jewish-themed one.
- All of this social TV effort helped the series premiere see a new high up from 13% from season 2
A big congratulations to HBO on finding new and creative ways to make a big splash not just on social but on mobile, on a global scale. We also experienced the Game of Thrones exhibition, which made it’s way to New York recently.
- Exclusive: Univision presents multiplatform experience for hit telenovelas at Lost Remote Show
- Exclusive: NBC announces social TV growth for 'The Voice' at Lost Remote Show
- Exclusive: CBS announces results from 'Big Brother Live Feeds' at Lost Remote Show
- Exclusive: Fox Executive on Social TV Powerhouse 'Glee'