Facebook and Instagram will be an active social platform for this Sunday’s Oscars. ABC News and Facebook have an exclusive partnership for the awards ceremony, and ABC plans to integrate both platforms into their pre-show, real-time, and post-game coverage.
Here’s what to expect:
- Facebook questions asked to all nominees.
- Facebook data to analyze which movies are “winning” heading into the event and which celebrities fashion choices are buzz-worthy.
- “I forgot to thank” backstage camera where winners will take Instagram photos that upload to “Good Morning America’s” Instagram account. Stars will get the chance to hold up “I forgot to thank” signs and fill in their answers.
- InstaShorts: 15 second short films made by film students parodying the nominated films.
- “InstaGlam your watch party” will feature tips for throwing a great party advised from the fashion social network.
- Q &A on Facebook with entertainment and fashion experts.
- “Facebook Fishbowl”: a literal fishbowl filled with fan Facebook questions from various pages, printed out, and put into the bowl for celebrities to answer.