Last week we wrote about the opportunity Bravo is giving ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ fans to have their pets be best friends with Lisa Vanderpump’s Pomeranian, Giggy. The number of submissions received thus far is impressive, but pales in comparison to the response to Bravo’s first annual ‘Real Housewives Awards.’
Voting for the awards, which celebrates the most memorable ‘Housewives’ moments, ends on March 21. Bravo has already received nearly two million votes across digital platforms, and BravoTV.com has delivered over 10.7 million views and over one million video streams for ‘Real Housewives Awards’ content.
In true Bravo fashion, there will be no shortage of programming surrounding the ‘Real Housewives Awards.’ Andy Cohen will announce the Lifetime Achievement Award on March 20 during a first-look of a new episode of ‘The Real Housewives of New York.’ This will be followed by a ‘Real Housewives’ marathon on March 22 when Cohen will announce the nominees for Most Shocking Reunion Twist. The remaining award winners will be announced on March 23 throughout Bravo’s Sunday night programming, with the final two winners announced on the 11pm EST airing of ‘Watch What Happens Live.’
Bravo has been accepting submissions via the official hashtag #RHAwards. Fans, celebrities, current and former Housewives, and the respective city Twitter accounts have taken to campaigning.
— Ramona Singer (@ramonasinger) March 4, 2014
Here are the award categories:
- Most Memorable Outfit
- Most Shocking Reunion Twist
- Loveliest Locks (Sponsored by Suave Professionals Natural Infusion)
- Best Fight Locale
- Rookie of the Year
- Best Supporting Agitator
- Party of the Year
- Favorite Quote
- OMG-est Moment of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in Extremely Short Form Live Action (Curated by RealityTVGIFs)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Non-voting category)
- Favorite Housewife City – Launched exclusively on Facebook.
- VH1 Social Team 'Hits the Floor' Ahead of Finale of its Hit Summer Show
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Dubs Conan O'Brien 'Very First Transgender Talk Show Host'
- 'Sharknado' Director Answers: Social or TV Hit?
- Social TV Fans 'Love' Season 2 Premiere of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'