GetGlue, the social TV discovery and check-in service launched a major update to their iPhone app last week. GetGlue, a staple in the social TV startup world, is connecting more closely with DIRECTV and introducing some major new features.
Here are the details from the company on the new features. Streaming services are becoming more important to the GetGlue experience, a smart move since they already attracted many users binging-TV on these services.
- What to Watch: Find What to Watch right now on TV, on streaming and in theaters using the fully redesigned guide. In addition to what is on TV, the guide includes new movies and shows from On Demand, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, HBO GO, CBS, FOX, FX, AMC and a dozen more streaming services and apps. Another exciting feature is the remote control for DIRECTV. Users can connect their GetGlue app with their DIRECTV box to change the channel right from the On TV Now section in the guide.
- New Search & Discover: The new “Search & Discover” allows users to indulge their TV mood. Browse by genre or pick from “Fun Lists” curated by GetGlue’s editorial team. Choose a show to “Binge Watch,” select a movie from “Date Night” or just go straight to the “Latest & Greatest.” The “Want to Watch” feature helps you track your watch list and get reminders for new episodes, seasons on streaming and theatrical and VOD releases for movies.
- Updated Show Pages: Updated show pages include Summary, Feed and Watch tabs. By default, the Feed tab shows you updates from your friends and what is trending right now. Use the new filters to see videos, photos or live comments from other fans. Connect your Twitter account to get Tweets from friends about your favorite shows. We’ve also added episode information so you can find upcoming air dates, track the newest episodes available on streaming and revisit past episodes.
- Posting memes, gifs, videos and more: In addition to commenting on shows, users can now add memes, gifs, videos or news articles to any of their posts. GetGlue’s content curators select the best fan posts and feature them on show pages for the entire community to enjoy.
- ABC News App's Big Traffic Bump
- Univision partners with Applicaster to give viewers a deeper way to connect with characters
- CNN to host 'PoliCast' during tonight's State of the Union Address
- 'Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen' gives ousted ‘Top Chef’ contestants a second chance