GetGlue revealed an exciting report at the beginning of the month detailing how they’re becoming the most popular platform for scripted primetime. As Twitter reinforces that it’s in the social TV business, GetGlue has released another chart detailing activity from the major TV premiers. GetGlue shared the following with Lost Remote exclusively, comparing activity on their platform compared to Twitter.
GetGlue is revealing that “14 out of 15 scripted TV debuts in September had more activity” on their platform than on Twitter. For certain shows there was more than double the activity on GetGlue. Focusing in on a certain aspect of TV is a great way to help the social TV industry move forward.
GetGlue also continues to publish their weekly standings on the top primetime scripted shows with help from Trendrr. Here’s their chart for October 15-21 including analysis.
- AMC’s The Walking Dead is staying put at #1 with over 153K actions for the week followed by the season premiere of FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum at #2 with over 68K total activity.
- Showtime’s Dexter drops down to the #3 spot with over 55K in total activity followed by FX’s Sons of Anarchy at #4 with over 44K in total activity.
- Next up is the season finale of BBC’s Copper coming in at #5 with over 41K in total activity followed by Showtime’s Homeland at #6 with over 29K in total activity.
- HBO’s Boardwalk Empire drops down two spots and comes in at #7 with over 20K check-ins followed by SyFy’s Alphas at #8 with over 15K in total activity.
- SyFy’s Haven comes in at #9 with over 15K in total activity followed by ABC Family’s Switched at Birth at #10 with over 15K in total activity for the week.
- ABC’s Once Upon a Time is staying put at #1 with over 82K in total activity for the week followed by the CW’s The Vampire Diaries at #2 with over 56K in total activity.
- The CW’s Supernatural is holding tight at #3 with over 55K in total activity followed by CBS’ The Big Bang Theory at #4 with over 53K in activity.
- The CW’s Arrow drops down a spot to #5 with over 43K in activity followed by NBC’s Revolution at #6 (up one spot from last week) with over 41K in activity
- ABC claims the next few spots with Revenge at #7 with over 40K in total activity followed by Grey’s Anatomy at #8 with over 37K in activity and Castle at #9 with over 34K in activity.
- The CW’s round out the chart with the season premiere of Nikita at #10 with over 33K in total activity for the week.
- What’s not on the list? The series premiere of the CW’s Emily Owens M.D, and the premiere of ABC’s Suburgatory as well as the finales of TNT’s Major Crimes and Starz’s Boss.
- Fall TV Fail: NBC's Marketing Wednesdays All Wrong
- 'New Girl' Episodes Finally On Netflix
- Fall Social TV Preview: A Comprehensive List of Who to Follow on Instagram
- Infographic: How Did Miss America Perform Against Sunday Night Football on Twitter?