CBS’s brand new drama, Extant recently premiered with positive social conversations surrounding. The drama features Halle Berry who plays ”an astronaut who returns home from a year-long solo mission in space and tries to reconnect with her husband and son in their everyday life.” According to our partner, Canvs, Berry was the force behind a huge amount of the social TV conversation while Steve Spielberg one of the creators barely caused any emotional reactions. Here are the details.
Top insights from Canvs followed by an infographic:
- Halle Berry’s celebrity status drove viewers to Tweet about the Extant premiere. Nearly 10% of reactions to Extant mentioned the star by name. 46% of those commented on how her acting or appearance was “perfect” or “cute.”
- Steven Spielberg, the show’s famous executive producer, didn’t get as much love. In fact, only a paltry 29 tweets during the premiere mentioned him.
- The show is getting a strong response from sci-fi fans. 73% of people who specifically mentioned the sci-fi genre said the show was perfect or interesting.
- Fans are on the fence about whether to keep watching. A large spike in “interesting” happened at the very end of the show. Fans expressed that they were intrigued by the first episode, but unsure if the show can keep its momentum through the season.
- Kerry Washington Dishes on Social Media, Sexism, and Living in ShondaLand
- Viacom Study: The 5 Steps to Series Fandom in the TV Everywhere Era
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Winner Ricky Ubeda a Twitter Fan Favorite All Season
- Predicting Fall TV's Hits and Misses With Social Data