HBO’s True Blood will come back for it’s final season on Sunday, June 22nd at 9pm. Earlier this week HBO launched a partnership with Facebook to create a social TV marathon leading up to the big premiere. “In celebration of the highly anticipated premiere of the seventh and final season of True Blood, HBO and Facebook are collaborating on an innovative use of social media insights that will highlight fan favorite moments from the series’ Facebook page (11 million fans) into the on-air broadcast,” according to the release. Here are the details.
According to HBO this will be the first time a television network has “integrated an extensive, historic look at a social networking community,” which includes “the data analysis (compiled by Arktan) reviewed over five years of posts, likes, shares and over 844,000 comments on the True Blood page to come up with fan insights that bring the social stats to life.”
How it will work:
- Beginning Monday, June 16, a week-long True Blood “True To The End Marathon” will take place on HBO2 with a full season airing each night from 10:00pm to 10:00am (Seasons 1-5) and 10:00pm to 8:00am (Season 6), leading up to the premiere of the final season on HBO.
- Before each season of the marathon begins, True Blood actor Michael McMillian (Rev. Steve Newlin) will host a special themed segment that will highlight the Facebook findings such as, everyone’s favorite suitor for Sookie and favored villain.
- Themes include “True Love,” “True Death,” “True Pride,” “True Dangers,” “True Power” and “True Scene Stealers.”
- Fans will be asked to participate in the conversation and talk about what they have loved most about the series using#TrueToTheEnd.
- Additionally, on Friday, June 20th, True Blood Facebook fans will be rewarded with an exclusive trailer at Facebook.com/TrueBloodHBO.
- Pretty Little Liars Season Five Finale Shocker Lights Up Twitter (Spoiler Alert!)
- Hulu 'Didn't Know' It Was Sending User Data to Facebook
- Jimmy Fallon Tries Instagram's New Time-Lapse App 'Hyperlapse'
- VMAs Bests Emmys on Facebook with Triple the Engagement