Viggle (who recently acquired GetGlue) just released an interesting survey showing how their users plan to shop for the holidays and how much they plan on spending. The future of social TV definitely depends on profiling consumers that are engaging on social TV platforms. Viggle’s findings help them define their users in the exact way that a potential advertiser might need them to. Here are the results.
Here are the key findings from Viggle in addition to an infographic:
- Smartphones and tablets are going to play a big role in their shopping plans this year as they hunt for the best deals – more than half (51%) are going to have their devices on hand while in-store to compare prices against other retailers.
- 48% will turn to their devices for access to coupons at the stores they visit.
- Product barcodes will be scanned by 37%.
- 18% of Vigglers are going to log their experience on Foursquare or other similar services.
- 10 things a social TV marketer doesn’t want to hear this holiday season
- An inside look at reddit's first live stream event: 'redditgifts Shopping Network'
- How are you feeling today? An inside look at how 'The Dr. Oz Show' is using social TV