Slingbox, one of the first applications to introduce people to the concept of the second screen, has been going strong for nearly a decade. In 2005, it was the first consumer product to deliver live TV to mobile devices, and it is still a viable option for frequent travelers and students studying abroad.
Slingbox has begun to publish usage data on its blog. Some highlights:
1. People use Slingbox on their desktops twice as much as they do on their tablets and mobile devices combined.
2. Slingbox users watch live programming four times as much as they watch recorded programming. Among live programming, sports and large events still dominate, but must-see primetime shows still drive tune-ins.
3. Duck Commander is the most-watched reality show on Slingbox
Don’t forget to come to the Lost Remote LA Show on December 13th to hear directly from Sling Media’s Brian Jaquet.
- Viacom Study: The 5 Steps to Series Fandom in the TV Everywhere Era
- How Clearleap is Making 'TV Everywhere Both Possible and Profitable'
- More Camera Angles, More Choice - You Call the Shots in Today's Sports Viewing World
- Fox News and Fox Business Are Now Everywhere