With Advertising Week over, it is worth pointing out just how much television advertising has changed in the past few years. Whereas Twitter and Facebook calls to action did not exist as little as seven years ago, now, 9.9% of television ads feature a Twitter hashtag while 6.4% of ads feature a Facebook URL or hashtag. At-tech provider Civolution has put together the infographic below on social media hashtag usage. Some highlights from the infographic.
Top 3 brands that include Twitter and/or Facebook hashtags in their ads:
2) Warner Bros. Pictures
Top 3 product categories that include Twitter and/or Facebook hashtags in their ads:
1) Department Stores
2) Theatrical Movie Releases
Top 3 TV Programs flanked by ads with Twitter and/or Facebook hashtags:
1) The Daily Show
2) Behind the Music
3) So You Think You Can Dance
Advertisers using synced TV ad targeting on Twitter generated engagement rates that were 27% higher than their historical averages
- What Impact Will Twitter's Buy Button Have on Social TV?
- New Ad Unit Allows Consumers to Schedule DVR from Mobile Devices
- How Bitly Helps Social TV Marketers Keep Their Messaging On-Brand, Short, and Sweet
- Rentrak Acquires Kantar's U.S. TV Measurement Business