With summer officially over and fall premieres around the corner, Crimson Hexagon looked back at the social TV buzz during summer 2013. Crimson Hexagon’s analysts, monitoring Twitter engagement with shows debuting this fall, measured the impact of events on the social buzz.
The hashtag #CoulsonLives, for Agents of SHIELD, was a clear standout for Twitter hashtag campaigns. After the show was officially ordered on May 10, @AgentsOfShield and @ClarkGregg called on fans to tweet using the hashtag to reveal an exclusive trailer. Between May 10 and May 15, #CoulsonLives generated 102,271 tweets. As a whole, Agents of SHIELD received the most buzz this summer of any new fall show.
Other fall shows receiving buzz this summer:
- The CW screened the pilot of The Tomorrow People at the Comic-Con preview night, which drove more conversation than the show’s panel three days later.
- Though Believe did not have a panel at Comic-Con, director Alfonso Cuarón surprised the audience of the Revolution panel with a trailer for his new series. This reveal, however, only caused a slight increase in volume which quickly dwindled over the course of the summer.
- Actors Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar drove the social engagement for the series as fans tweeted about their appearance during the Television Critics Association panels at the end of July.
Here’s an infographic from Crimson Hexagon.
- Mixed Social Reactions to 'The View' Premiere
- This Week's Top 5 Viral TV Clips: Fall TV Preview Edition
- Kerry Washington Dishes on Social Media, Sexism, and Living in ShondaLand
- Predictions of the week: Will new romances spring up on The Walking Dead?