It’s no surprise for Nike and Red Bull to be among the top three brands of this week’s social TV commercial chart. But AT&T has been in the top three for most-talked about commercials for the past month, and has done so without the celebrity power of Nike, which rose this week with commercials featuring Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, and Rory McIlroy, three of the most popular athletes in the world. Some commercials drive negative chatter, but 16% of the 10,000 tweets about AT&T’s “It’s Not Complicated” ads featured the word “love.”
Here’s BlueFin Labs’ analysis and chart, provided exclusively for Lost Remote.
- We measured Tweets about commercials from January 17-23. The infographic displays the brands with the most talked-about commercials during this week.
- The top 3 most Tweeted-about brands were AT&T (10K Tweets), Nike (9K), and Red Bull (5.6K)
- AT&T is back on top, and going strong. In fact, they’ve been in the top 3 for most-talked about commercials for the past month! And yes – this is all due to their “It’s Complicated” ad campaign featuring cute kids. 46% of the Tweets about AT&T commercials this week mentioned “kids” and 16% mentioned “love.”
- Nike jumped into the top three brands this week, thanks to two commercials featuring sports celebrities: one ad with Kobe Bryant, and one with Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. The ad featuring Kobe Bryant also contained a hashtag: #CountOnKobe. This hashtag was in 31% of the Tweets about Nike commercials during the week, where as the hashtag #nike appeared in only 4% of the the Tweets.
- Red Bull saw big brand lift (+104% increase) this week, with many viewers Tweeting about howinspired they felt by the “World of Red Bull” commercial
- To promote Under 550 Calories menu, Applebees gives fans the chance to #BeeFamous
- Applebee’s enlists a champion flair bartender for innovative social campaign [exclusive]
- A&E launches social competition to make fans part of Duck Dynasty's marketing
- The top social TV commercials: Super Bowl edition