Last week Univision aired the 13th Annual Latin Grammy Awards. The network has continued to expand their investment in social TV and their strategizing continues to pay off. “As part of its social engagement efforts, Univision ranked as the No. 1 broadcast network with social TV activity with the Latin GRAMMY Awards as the second most popular broadcast, followed by the green carpet special ‘Noche de Estrellas’ on November 15,” according to the network. Additionally, “‘Noche de Estrellas’ outperformed the ‘BET Awards 2012 Pre-Show,’ the live from the red carpet shows for the Academy Awards, as well as ‘GRAMMY’s on E!,’” according to Trendrr. Here are the full details.
Univision provided an infographic and details on the strategy they executed to help facilitate the buzz that occurred and helped their numbers rise higher than the red carpet events for the other awards shows. Awards shows have been a perfect platform to test out new social TV strategies and give fans a chance to engage with TV more than ever before. Univision is continuing this trend and growing it by implementing social in every component from beginning to end.
- According to SocialGuide, #LatinGrammy was the top hashtag across all of social TV with the broadcast being the second most social program on November 15.
- Latin GRAMMY Award winners trended worldwide and in the U.S. as they were honored, including Prince Royce, Jesse & Joy, Shaila Durcal, Alejandro Sanz, Pedro Fernandez, David Bisbal, Milly Quezada, and many others.
- Throughout the “Noche de Estrellas” green carpet special and the Latin GRAMMY Awards broadcast, fans were able to Tweet their favorite moments and congratulate the stars as well as send their questions using the hashtag #LatinGrammy.
- Fans counted on the latest updates from the show’s social media correspondent and Univision personality, Alejandra Espinoza.
- Viewers also commented along on Twitter via @LatinGRAMMYs, @Univision, @UnivisionMusica, as well as through Latin GRAMMYS, Univision and Univision Musica Facebook pages, in addition to accessing behind-the-scenes content on Instagram and Tout that were featured on UnivisionLatinGrammy.com.
- Viewers tuning in were also able to unlock a special sticker on GetGlue and win points on Viggle by checking in to the broadcast.
- Latin Grammy was the #2 show on Viggle for the day.
- Fan tweets were featured on-air during “Noche de Estrellas” and main show.
- Tweets included fan questions for stars, support for their favorite artists and congrats for the winners.
- They had a special social media correspondent and Univision personality, Alejandra Espinoza feature/read star Tweets congratulating the winners.
- Social slam: second annual NBA Social Media Awards to air on NBA TV
- An inside look at MTV’s social strategy for last night's 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- How to be the best in social TV [videos]
- TV well represented at the Shorty Awards