Last week, MobiTV – one of the leading TV Everywhere companies – released a new infographic study highlighting the streaming habits of sports fans.
With the NBA in the midst of its conference finals, California Chrome chasing a triple crown, and the Indianapolis 500 and FIFA World Cup just around the corner, sports streaming is currently at an all-time high.
MobiTV’s consumer survey reveals some interesting streaming habits of today’s sports fan:
- Online sports streaming was up 640% in 2013 compared to 2012.
- 46% of consumers stream sports at home.
- Sports accounts for 37% of all TV Everywhere viewing.
- 59% of consumers would give up alcohol in order to have streaming access to their favorite sporting events
- Viacom Study: The 5 Steps to Series Fandom in the TV Everywhere Era
- How Clearleap is Making 'TV Everywhere Both Possible and Profitable'
- More Camera Angles, More Choice - You Call the Shots in Today's Sports Viewing World
- Fox News and Fox Business Are Now Everywhere