Viacom has launched another major technology platform that is all about allowing artists to reach their fans in a more direct way than ever before. The artists opportunities hub for MTV, VH1 and CMT, “for the first time artists can opt into a myriad of massive scale opportunities to build fan reach and engagement by having their music showcased across MTV, VH1, CMT, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure and Palladia to potentially reach more than 100 million homes, as well as unmatched opportunities from partners.” Here are the details.
The new platform will make music on the networks more social than ever. The different opportunities provide a Klout-perks type environment of opportunities for the artists that participate. Here are the details on what this will include:
On-Air Music Opportunities:
- Music Video Rotation on MTV, VH1, CMT, MTV2, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, and CMT Pure: For the first time ever and completely free, artists will be able to submit music videos for on-air consideration via the platform for potential on-air music video rotation during our 1200 hours of weekly music video programming that reach more than 100 million homes. MTV, VH1 and CMT’s music teams will evaluate videos based on the velocity of fan engagement on each artist’s page. Selected artists will receive an email that their video has been viewed and then notified when and where it will go into video rotation.Digital Music Opportunities:
- Music Video / Track Spotlight across MTV/VH1/CMT’s Editorial Network, including MTV Buzzworthy, MTV Hive, CMT Edge, and VH1 Tuner: For the first time, artists will be able to submit music videos and tracks to be featured across MTV/Vh1/CMT’s network of music editorial sites, which reach 8M unique visitors monthlyPartner Opportunities:
- Opening Act for Hunter Hayes’ NY show- In a nod of the support that CMT/MTV/VH1 gave him to launch his career, country crossover and Grammy award nominated artist Hunter Hayes (HunterHayes.CMT.com) is going to use the artist platform to crowd source the opening act for his NYC concert in June. Based on fan support (measured through traffic on the page and plays of their videos), the list of potential opening acts will be narrowed down to ten with Hunter then personally selecting the opening act artist.
- Play to thousands of fans at Hangout Festival: One of the quickest ways to build a fan base is to play a music festival. Typically, it can take years to make it to a festival stage. MTV/VH1/CMT are going to put that on hyper fast-forward by partnering with the Hangout Music Fest to give two artists the opportunity to play in front of thousands of potential new fans at the beachside Gulf Shores, Ala. festival. Artists opting into the Hangout Music Fest opportunity will be eligible to play the festival, receive all-access passes, travel, lodging, and recording opportunities on the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus. Based on fan support, the list of potential bands will be whittled down to 10 and then open to a fan vote with the two top vote getters earning the spots to play the festival.
- Three Social Activations That Will Drive Tonight's 'Premio Lo Nuestro' Latin Music Awards
- Guided by second screen trends, REVOLT.tv rolls out interactive music site designed by Huge
- Teaming up with Bravo on curated playlists for shows, Spotify makes big social TV splash
- MTV releases music app for iPhone, enabling fans to discover and connect with artists