NBC becomes first broadcast network to offer exclusive content on SoundCloud with ‘Last Comic Standing’
SoundCloud has changed the way we experience sounds and music on the web. The platform which stands out as one of the top audio streaming destinations is becoming increasingly important to TV, a medium that’s always had close ties with music and sounds. For Last Comic Standing (airing Thursdays at 10/9c) NBC’s comedy competition that recently returned, the network become the first broadcast shop to offer exclusive content on the platform. Here are the details.
How they’re using SoundCloud:
- Last month, NBC started posting hilarious one liners from various comics from the show on SoundCloud.
- They are the first broadcast network to offer exclusive content to SoundCloud.
- They have also been encouraging SoundCloud users to follow and comment on which contestants they find the funniest.
- They will continue to post weekly following the shows.
This is a perfect example of a network finding the right social platform for the right show and making it part of the experience.
- New Series and Seasons Abound in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- Social TV Fans 'Love' Season 2 Premiere of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'
- It's All About the ESPYs in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- SPOILERS: '24: Live Another Day' Finale Draws Smiles, Anger, and 'WTF' Moments