Dijit’s NextGuide continues to grow and expand (you can download for iPad here). Last month they introduced Amazon Instant Video and Prime Instant Video and now they’re launching a bunch of new social features to grow the second screen platform. Here are details on the new tools that went live today.
Here’s a run down of the new social features that Jeremy Toeman and has team have built.
- The newest social feature includes an activity pane which lets you see when your friends (or anybody) watch or favorite shows
- Also, “find friends” now supports email, Facebook, or searching by name.
- In addition to a ‘quote’ watchlist, when you bookmark something in NextGuide, it’s used (along with several other factors) to help influence your recommendations.
- Easily discover when Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, iTunes, and Netflix add new TV shows and movies to their libraries
- Overhauled category & interest preferences interface with simple tap and drag UI
- Big Search improvements, including search by Director
Additionally the team told Lost Remote that Dijit, their original app is still being updated and that something will be available by the end of the year.
- 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' is giving away $100k using Viggle
- An interview with Shazam's new CEO Rich Riley
- The NBA and Viggle launch second screen partnership for the 2013 NBA Playoffs
- What if Twitter launched a #TV app? Here's what it could look like