Nickelodeon has another hit app in their arsenal. A couple of months after their major iPad app launched to success, they’ve just released their first worldwide app, a Ninja Turtles game that can be downloaded in the app store for $1.99. In “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run,” you can “join Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo in this endless runner ninja combat game, where players run, jump and fight their way across the rooftops of New York in an attempt to save the city from the invading Kraang and ultimate destruction.” Here are the details.
Already topping the iTunes charts:
The app has already been in the number one paid spot on the iTunes apps store chart for paid apps and is currently in second place, proving the power of the Turtles and of Nickelodeon’s reach.
Different features and the ability to purchase upgrades:
To enhance gameplay experience, players can visit the Turtle Lair to unlock characters, purchase power ups and upgrade their Turtle’s weapons and gear. Enhancements can be purchased using game coins or an iTunes account. New gear influences coin collection rates, energy meter drainage and refills, builds players’ resistance to certain obstacles and enables them to fast-forward to any section of the game already played, gaining additional coins.
Game Features Include:
- Battle hoards of enemies from the Foot Clan, Kraang, and Dimension X
- Activate Turtle Time to fight up close in a slow-motion combat sequence
- Outfit the Turtles in exclusive Cyber and Stealth gear
- Upgrade with weapons, gadgets and boosts like the Laserbot and Turtle Saver
- Unlock and play as the Turtles’ formidable canine foe Dogpound
- Earn rewards from the pizza time mini-game
- Epic Boss Battles
- Forwerd Media’s Alert Me TV seeks to be the leader of TV show discovery and mobile alerts
- Twitter turns into a TV remote as Comcast begins rolling out SEEit service
- Machinima Xbox One App Unites Gamers and Second Screen
- Twitter quietly debuts one of its biggest social TV products to date