Orange is the New Black’s highly anticipated season two will launch tomorrow to fan’s delight. Netflix has been busy executing a large marketing campaign to match passionate fans eagerness to see the new season. Fizziology, the “consultative social media research company,” shared research with Lost Remote showing that in the past week there have been “99,000 social mentions – 83% which are positive.” Here are the full details of their report.
ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK SEASON 2
Data from May 26 through June 1
Volume: 98,407 social mentions during the past week
Sentiment: 83% Positive, 1% Negative and 16% Neutral (industry chatter)
- Orange is the New Black season 2 saw more than 98,000 social mentions — significantly more than its first season at the same point in time, which harnessed only 4,345 mentions.
- Buzz surrounding season 2 was 33% more positive than social conversation about the first season at the same point in time. Much more of season 2′s chatter was coming from organic (non-industry) sources.
- Season 2 conversation came largely from ecstatic fans of the series awaiting the premiere; people mentioning the exact release date and participating in countdowns drove 44% of positives.
- OITNB season 2 saw 97% more social mentions than the second season of Netflix’s House of Cards at the same point pre-premiere. Conversation for Orange was also 9% more positive.
- Why Netflix Tightened Its Grip on Content Discovery and Shut Down Its Public API
- 'Orange is the New Black' Hosts Halloween Contest #BigBooHalloween. Hilarity Ensues
- Kevin Spacey Talks About the '3 Pillars of Content'
- Netflix Releases Trailer for New Documentary 'E-Team'