Season 5 of ABC Family‘s hit show ‘Pretty Little Liars‘ drew to close this past Tuesday, and fans took to Twitter to react to the death of a leading character.
According to our analytics partner Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment, in the five minutes when leading character Mona Vanderwaal was murdered, there were nearly 27,000 emotional reactions.
Those reactions accounted for 12% of all the reactions for the show. Below, some more insights from Canvs followed by an infographic:
- Mona garnered the most reactions of any topic during the episode. Mona was mentioned in 20.8% of reactions.- “PLL,” shorthand for the show’s title, was only mentioned in 17.9% of reactions, and “Pretty Little Liars” was only mentioned in 6% of reactions.- Janel Parrish (@janelparrish), the actress who plays Mona, was mentioned in 11,732 reactions, which accounted for 5.3% of total reactions.- Parrish’s handle had the second most reactions, only after the show’s official handle, @ABCFPLL.
- Clickhole Reports 'Modern Family' Cancelled, Internet Users "Totally Stopped Breathing"
- How 'Selfie' is Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Dateline Celebrates Premiere with Facebook Free-for-All and Live-Tweeting
- She May Have Been Named Miss America, But How Did Miss New York Fare on Twitter?