Season 5 of ABC Family‘s hit show ‘Pretty Little Liars‘ drew to close this past Tuesday, and fans took to Twitter to react to the death of a leading character.
According to our analytics partner Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment, in the five minutes when leading character Mona Vanderwaal was murdered, there were nearly 27,000 emotional reactions.
Those reactions accounted for 12% of all the reactions for the show. Below, some more insights from Canvs followed by an infographic:
- Mona garnered the most reactions of any topic during the episode. Mona was mentioned in 20.8% of reactions.- “PLL,” shorthand for the show’s title, was only mentioned in 17.9% of reactions, and “Pretty Little Liars” was only mentioned in 6% of reactions.- Janel Parrish (@janelparrish), the actress who plays Mona, was mentioned in 11,732 reactions, which accounted for 5.3% of total reactions.- Parrish’s handle had the second most reactions, only after the show’s official handle, @ABCFPLL.
- Kerry Washington Dishes on Social Media, Sexism, and Living in ShondaLand
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Winner Ricky Ubeda a Twitter Fan Favorite All Season
- Predicting Fall TV's Hits and Misses With Social Data
- ABC Tweets Premiere of New Show 'Selfie'