Season 6 of ‘The Real Housewives of New York’ concluded this week with a bang. Literally. Aviva Drescher threw her prosthetic leg across a table at LeCirque and Twitter went wild. According to our analytics partner, Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment for shows, the most reacted-to moment of the finale occurred directly in the aftermath of the leg incident when viewers commented on how “funny” the situation was. The second biggest moment, both in terms of overall volume and reaction volume, happened during the throwing incident itself when viewers called Aviva “crazy.”
Here are some other insights from Canvs followed by an infographic:
-35% of all reactions about the show happened in the ten minutes surrounding the leg incident.
- Other top moments didn’t drive nearly the same emotional intensity as the leg throwing.
-“Who cares?” spiked at 9:25 when Harry left with LuAnn instead of Sonja.
-“Love” spiked about Heather’s son as well.
- Total Emotional Reactions: 7,804
- Total Tweets: 23,891
How did people react on Twitter? (Clusters)
- 39% Love
- 12% Crazy
- 10% Funny
- 10% Total Bull
- 9% Good
- 9% Can’t Wait
- 7% Who Cares?
- Bravo Re-Launches Website As 'Digital Rabbit Hole' For Fans
- Ipsos: Twitter Users Are More Into TV Than Non Twitter Users
- Study Shows That Consumers Want a TV Guide
- With Nielsen Partnership, Canvs Becomes First Fully Automated Social TV Sentiment Platform