Last Friday at midnight, USA hosted ‘Psych All-Night,’ a six-hour long all-nighter featuring six of the ‘Psych’ cast’s favorite episodes from the past eight seasons. The series finale of the show will air tonight at 9pm EST and will be followed by a ‘Psych After Pshow.’
USA hosted its first all-nighter for ‘Psych’ last February two weeks before the season premiere, and saw incredible results. It received 172,000 social mentions, and fans of the show voted more than 280,000 times for the episodes they wanted to appear as part of the marathon. The success certainly prompted USA to host another event, but the network pushed the boundaries even further this time around. Fans were invited to upload farewell videos to Instagram using hashtag #FarewellPsych, which were shown throughout the marathon. Fan tweets were also integrated into the telecast and displayed on the ‘Psychville’ part of the ‘Psych All-Night’ website. The night was a huge social success for the network and for the show, and building up its social following before the series finale will help it stay popular in syndication, which will surely attract a new fan base in syndication.
- Psych All-Night drove over 136K hashtag mentions on Twitter – more than three times the volume driven by the Psych Slumber Party in 2013 – making this the most talked-about Psych TV event of the last two years.
- The marathon generated more than 124 million impressions from the official Psych digital presences (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Wikipedia and usanetwork.com).
- Fan growth was up 38% on Twitter and 114% on Instagram compared to the past 30 day average.
- With 78K tweets on Saturday, Psych ranked as the #1 most social entertainment program on cable and broadcast.
- Psych social content garnered more than 50K engagements across all Psych social channels.
- Throughout the course of the marathon, Psych-related topics trended 21 times on Twitter throughout the 6-hour event compared to 13 trends during last year’s slumber party.
- Over 20,000 Psych-Os played The Psych-Off, making it one of the largest LIVE activations ever.
- Social TV Fans 'Love' Season 2 Premiere of Showtime's 'Masters of Sex'
- SPOILERS: '24: Live Another Day' Finale Draws Smiles, Anger, and 'WTF' Moments
- HBO releases 'The ABCs of the Sudden Departure' in sync with 'The Leftovers'
- Halle Berry drives big social TV start for CBS's 'Extant'