ReachPlay is a video and advertising platform that will allow content creators, networks, and aggregators to deliver a seamless TV Everywhere experience to users that is also profitable. ReachPlay will support Google Chromecast, and will be developed with a mobile-first mindset.
Why mobile-first? ReachPlay recently surveyed Android users in the US on their TV viewing habits, and the results confirm that mobile is the preferred choice for watching video:
- 44% of respondents want to control their TVs with their smartphones; 42% want to use a traditional remote.
- 99% of respondents said they watched video. Smartphones narrowly edged TV as the top device for video consumption at 79%.
- New Series and Seasons Abound in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- It's All About the ESPYs in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- Late Night Reigns Supreme in This Week’s Top 5 Viral TV Clips
- NBC becomes first broadcast network to offer exclusive content on SoundCloud with 'Last Comic Standing'