ABC’s broadcast last Wednesday of the Country Music Association Awards – or, the CMAs for short – averaged 16.6 million viewers, a 3 million viewer climb compared to last year. Social activations surrounding country music and their industry award shows have become increasingly important. For the CMAs this year, women drove the majority of the social buzz surrounding the awards, and, surprisingly, New Jersey accounted for a large portion of this buzz among U.S. states.
4 million people had 8.8 million Facebook interactions related to the CMAs.
Top 5 Most Social Moments from the CMAs on Facebook
1. George Strait wins Entertainer of the Year
2. George Jones tribute with George Strait and Alan Jackson performing “She Stopped Loving Her Today”
3. Luke Bryan opens the show with “That’s My Kinda Night”
4. Kenny Rogers and Jennifer Nettles perform “Islands in the Stream”
5. Carrie Underwood’s medley at the start of the final hour of the show
Top 5 demos buzzing about the CMAs … women dominated the buzz:
1. Women 25-34
2. Women 35-44
3. Women 45-54
4. Women 18-24
5. Women 55-64
Top 10 locations buzzing about the CMAs:
3. New Jersey
8. North Carolina
- Hulu 'Didn't Know' It Was Sending User Data to Facebook
- Stats Roundup: VMAs and Emmys Dominate Social on Back-to-Back Nights
- Jimmy Fallon Tries Instagram's New Time-Lapse App 'Hyperlapse'
- The Emmys Were Boring