Social TV startup consolidation continues to heat up as a new era of innovation takes on the industry. “wywy, a Germany-based cross-screen advertising and real time TV-ad tracking company, has completed the acquisition and integration of Second Screen Networks, a New York-based social TV company that allows TV broadcast ads to sync in real time with mobile devices and websites. Also, “ConnecTV, a leading social TV video network that lets users of its free mobile app watch, clip and share the best video “moments” on television, announced today that it has acquired TweetTV, a social analytics and TV guidance company that makes it easy to discover what’s trending on TV in real-time.” Here are the details.
Wywy will no increase their reach in the US and become a social TV advertising powerhouse. This includes:
- LiveSync: wywy synchronizes TV and online advertising by detecting a TV commercial the moment it is aired and then serving the corresponding online advertising in real-time to second screen viewers on their mobile and tablet devices while they are watching the TV ad.
- SiteSync: wywy synchronizes TV advertisements with their corresponding websites so that products from the commercial are prominently displayed on the websites for a certain period of time after the TV ads air. This helps brands create a “TV landing page” and thereby a seamless cross-screen brand experience for viewers.
- Real-time TV Campaign Tracking: wywy integrates its real-time TV data into existing Web analytics tools, like Google Analytics, to allow advertisers to measure the impact of every TV commercial on their website’s key performance indicators, thereby allowing them to continuously optimize their TV media plan.
ConnecTV will offer a richer experience to consumers and a new social TV advertising opportunity:
The combined companies make it simple for viewers to discover and tune in to leading “social” shows, based on a rich database of TV-related key words merged with the Tweeting activities of 45 million people commenting about their favorite programs. Users can filter trending and guidance information by show, stars, programming genres, key words, and hash tags to find just what they want to watch on television – then clip and share their favorite live six second snippets and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email and more.
ConnecTV also announced an innovative new advertising feature – ClipADS – that gives brands and their agencies an opportunity to develop bite-sized video ads that can be distributed virally across social media sites. ClipADS extend the branding experience with customized hot links to product videos, brand web sites, special promotional offers, purchase capability and more.
- Rentrak Acquires Kantar's U.S. TV Measurement Business
- Viggle Continues Adding to Social TV Patent Portfolio
- Social TV Analytics Company Seevibes Announces $1 Million Seed Round
- New York Times: Comcast, Time Warner Cable Merger Could Make Netflix Pay More