Peel – the social TV company whose “app turns your smartphone or tablet into a universal remote, content recommender, and reminder platform” – just released some interesting data from a survey it conducted of 1,500 users about how much of this year’s NCAA Tournament they intend to watch.
- 35% of fans say they will devote two or more hours a day at work to tournament-related activities (watching games, checking scores, etc.)
- 1 in 3 said they will be watching at work on a smartphone or tablet
- 18% plan to either call in sick or take vacation time in order to watch games
- 40% will watch more games online in 2014 vs. 2013. March Madness Live should enjoy quite the boost.
- Facebook (33%) and Twitter (16%) will be beneficiaries of communication about March Madness, but SMS still reigns supreme (42%).