Last night, “American Horror Story: Freak Show” and the CW’s “Arrow” were the top two talked about shows on Twitter. “Modern Family” and “blackish” were spots three and five. In fourth place was “The Colbert Report,” who had Anita Sarkeesian, a central figure of GamerGate, on last night and he did an entire segment devoted to it.
Posts Tagged ‘nielsen’
First it was comScore, and now it’s Nielsen’s turn.
Nielsen and Adobe yesterday announced a partnership to provide a cross-platform measurement solution for online TV, video, and other digital content. The measurement will be presented as “Nielsen’s Digital Content Ratings, Powered by Adobe,” and combines Nielsen’s digital measurement solutions with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Primetime.
“Online TV consumption is at an all time high and Adobe and Nielsen are two leaders coming together to standardize audience measurement for digital content,” said Brad Rencher, senior vice president and general manager, digital marketing at Adobe. “Major media companies and broadcasters already depend on Adobe to bring TV across screens and better understand digital viewer engagement. Once complete, our partnership with Nielsen will provide analytics tied with ratings—benefitting advertisers, media companies and consumers alike.” Read more
According to our analytics partner Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment, 354,675 of 1,320,056 tweets about the premiere were emotional reactions. 34% of the emotional reactions included the word “amazing” and 21% included “funny.” The premiere drove the most emotional reactions 20 minutes in, when Carol blew up a gas tank. Below, some more insights from Canvs on what drove the Twitter conversation, followed by an infographic:
- Right at 9:00 when fans were “excited” for the new season. This five minute period is when the highest spike in tweets, though not reactions, occurred.
- “Crazy” spiked from 9:05-9:10 during the brutal murders at Terminus.
- People expressed “hate” when the Terminus guy threatened baby Judith from 9:40-9:45.
- Both “happy” and “cried” spiked when Daryl and Carol were reunited from 9:50-9:55.
- People expressed “Love” when Mary from Terminus got eaten by zombies from 10:10-10:15.
NEXT PAGE >>