According to our analytics partner Canvs, which measures Twitter sentiment, 354,675 of 1,320,056 tweets about the premiere were emotional reactions. 34% of the emotional reactions included the word “amazing” and 21% included “funny.” The premiere drove the most emotional reactions 20 minutes in, when Carol blew up a gas tank. Below, some more insights from Canvs on what drove the Twitter conversation, followed by an infographic:
- Right at 9:00 when fans were “excited” for the new season. This five minute period is when the highest spike in tweets, though not reactions, occurred.
- “Crazy” spiked from 9:05-9:10 during the brutal murders at Terminus.
- People expressed “hate” when the Terminus guy threatened baby Judith from 9:40-9:45.
- Both “happy” and “cried” spiked when Daryl and Carol were reunited from 9:50-9:55.
- People expressed “Love” when Mary from Terminus got eaten by zombies from 10:10-10:15.