Updated: Lots of links from Denver for your browsing pleasure. If you have any more you’d like to point out, please leave in comments.
– Lots of live online coverage from the DNC: msnbc.com, CNN.com, Democrats.org, CBSNews.com (simulcast plus online-only webcast, also on CNET), ABCNews.com, WaPost along with Newsweek, Ustream.tv (live from “The Big Tent”), C-SPAN via Qik, DemConvention.com (live “in HD”) and I’m sure there are many more I’m missing.
– CNN spends close to $100,000 for aerial camera setup
– As you might imagine, wiring the DNC is an engineering bear.
– The news media and bunches of bloggers are doing their thing from “The Big Tent,” aggregated here. (Photo from npimultimedia.) It’s a 8,000 square foot, two-story structure that features a Digg Stage as well as a Google Retreat with a YouTube kiosk where you can make your own YouTube videos. Oh, and free beer. Hundreds of bloggers + free alcohol = we’ll see…
– Speaking of Digg, it’s debuting Dialogg, a new feature that will let people submit and vote up questions for elected officials. The first session is with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at the convention.
– Poynter has put together a fast-and-furious Twitter feed of the journalists covering the DNC. Maybe I’ll Twitter about it.
– “Obama Girl” goes mobile at DNC with entertainment-oriented coverage.
– Google sets up a mobile election website with lots of tools.
– MediaFLO bulks up news offerings for conventions.
– TVNewser in Denver to cover the coverage of the DNC.
– And as we wrote about earlier, C-SPAN has launched new convention sites with live coverage via Qik. And KLAS-TV along with UNLV is there, too, with live coverage via mobile phones.