Networked Insights has just released a new report on “the most anticipated new TV shows based on viewer conversation across the social web.” The report looks at the most anticipated shows from the five major broadcasters (CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CW) and describes why they’re making predictions about certain shows. Networked Insights said that “this year’s analysis was more challenging due to factors indicative of an evolving marketplace” and that “overall, the conversations were less polarizing because the new programs were either modeled after successful shows or had benefited from a halo effect of a well-known showrunner.” Here are their findings.
The report is a follow up to their detailed and useful insights into the TV upfronts that we published back in May. Here are some of the highlights from the report, which is fully embedded below.
- NBC Revolution: Giancarlo Esposito is more of a draw to viewers than J.J. Abrams
- FOX The Mindy Project: Show is very quotable and relatable to viewers
- ABC Last Resort: Andre Braugher is a major draw for the show
- CBS Elementary: Fans positively reacting to the Watson character’s gender swap
- CW The Carrie Diaries: CW fans are optimistic the show has what it takes to see a second season
- Learn How To Build a Website To Share Your Clips, Get Free Webcast Access
- Adidas sees huge spike in social TV activity from commercial
- An inside look at Epitome Pictures' social TV strategy for 'Degrassi'
- How CNN and SnappyTV created social TV producers for the debates