Our fall TV analysis with Crimson Hexagon continues this week with a look at “The Tomorrow People” CW’s new show that’s only second in social chatter to “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Excitement around the CW’s new show comes in part due to the fact that it’s creator is always behind the popular Vampire Diaries show on the same network. Here’s the analysis of why this show is receiving buzz and how other fall TV shows are fairing in comparison.
Here’s this week’s infographic followed by analysis from Crimson:
- This week, we have highlighted “The Tomorrow People,” which will debut on the CW Television Network this fall. With 3,774 posts this week, “The Tomorrow People” generated the second most amount of social conversation among the shows we are tracking. Though a large portion of fans expressed excitement over “The Tomorrow People” and its actors, the largest portion of the conversation surrounding the show included criticisms of the show’s producer, Julie Plec.
- The most discussed show was “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” with 4,487 relevant posts, which is 1,166 more posts than the previous week.
- FOX’s “Rake” continued to have the least amount of buzz with only 25 posts throughout the week.
- Several users expressed excitement over the announcement that ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” will be hosting panels at Comic Con.
- Conversation around “The Blacklist,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” and “The Crazy Ones” spiked after their respective networks officially announced their premiere dates.
- On June 20th, users responded to a “Super Fun Night” commercial during the NBA finals with mostly positive opinions (43% positive), with most praising the spot for its humor and expressing excitement about the upcoming series.
- Fall TV Fail: NBC's Marketing Wednesdays All Wrong
- 'New Girl' Episodes Finally On Netflix
- Fall Social TV Preview: A Comprehensive List of Who to Follow on Instagram
- Infographic: How Did Miss America Perform Against Sunday Night Football on Twitter?