With every new show comes a new opportunity to wow viewers and fans on the web. NBC Entertainment Digital just launched a brand new website and mobile app to connect viewers to Jimmy’s new show set to premiere on Monday. Here are the details.
“Jimmy has already proven to have some of the most digital savvy fans on television and with his move to the ‘Tonight Show’ we wanted to provide a way to connect those fans to the new show across all their devices,’” said Robert Hayes, Executive Vice President, Digital Media, NBC Entertainment in the announcement. “We worked closely with the show to design a mobile and digital experience that provided new levels of interaction and connectivity to the show while at the same time represented Jimmy’s cutting-edge and magnetic brand of humor.”
The app is currently available for iOS and will soon be available for Android. “Viewers can use the app to submit content for interactive challenges that may be featured on-air, play custom Jimmy themed games and get exclusive messages from Jimmy and the show,” according to NBC.
- “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” app features four custom Jimmy themed video games designed in the classic 8 bit style.
- App users can also participate in interactive challenges that bring viewers directly into the show.
- Interactive challenges will be regularly featured on the app including the ability to contribute to the “The Tonight Show” hashtag segment, allowing fans to submit social content for a chance to be featured on-air. For an additional on-air opportunity fans can submit entries for Jimmy’s featured video challenge.
- The app also gives fans a behind-the-scenes look into the show with exclusive messages directly from Jimmy.
The new website:
When the full version of Fallon’s website launches on Feb. 17, fans will be able to watch full episodes the day after air in addition to seeing the latest Jimmy clip everyone is talking about and a catalog of upcoming guest’s past appearances. Content on the site will be constantly refreshed based on the current show and fan generated content. The website offers a first class mobile interactive experience that translates across all devices.
The new Twitter handle, @FallonTonight smartly features the handles writers in the bio. It’s clear that show values having great writers both for linear, digital and social. Watch out for these folks as they become famous with the show.
— mah ree nah (@marinarachael) February 13, 2014
— XTine Friar (@christinefriar) February 13, 2014
Join me for the #lnjf live tweet! Don’t wanna miss tonight’s show, it’s a great one!
— Hannah VanderPoel (@HanVanderPoel) January 30, 2014
- 'Cosmos' Sequel Creating Space Buzz on Social
- A&E lets 'Bates Motel' fans create customized postcards as second season premieres
- 'House of Cards' live tweets 'Scandal' as Kerry Washington and others reply
- During Weekend Olympics Coverage, NBC Teases Return of 'Heroes'