According to Trendrr, “The Walking Dead” set a GetGlue premiere record with “160,949 check-ins, comments, and more.” The return of AMC’s never ending Zombie apocalypse continues to prove that GetGlue is the place to be for primetime scripted shows. GetGlue has begun release a weekly chart on the top broadcast and cable scripted shows on their platform. Here’s a look at this weeks list.
GetGlue is smartly carving out their niche in social TV by focusing on scripted shows. While sports, reality and live TV might still shine brighter on Twitter and Facebook, GetGlue is showing that when it comes to scripted TV fans might actually want a more private environment to chat. A similar evolution happened with foursquare. At first there was a large amount of over-sharing your physical location. Now foursquare is thriving off of private check-ins that build trusted data about locations. GetGlue, in many aspects, is trying to do the same for private conversations about TV. Here’s the chart followed by their commentary.
- AMC’s return of their hit series The Walking Dead smashes onto our chart coming in at #1 of the Top 10 Primetime scripted Cable shows with over 277K in total activity for the week.
- Showtime’s Dexter drops down to #2 with over 54K in total activity followed by FX’s Sons of Anarchy at #3 with over 43K in total activity.
- Showtime’s Homeland comes in at #4 with over 28K in total activity followed by HBO’s Boardwalk Empire at #5 with over 19K in total activity.
- The premiere of FX’s It’s Always Sunny joins the chart at #6 with over 18K in total activity followed by SyFy’s Alphas at #7 with over 16K and Haven at #8 with over 15K.
- ABC Family’s Switched at Birth drops down to #9 with over 14K in total activity followed by TNT’s Major Crimes at #10 with over 11KBroadcast
- ABC’s Once Upon a Time kicks Supernatural out of the top spot and comes in at #1 with over 81K in total activity for the week. The CW kicked some ass claiming the next few spots with the premiere of The Vampire Diaries at #2 with over 74K in total activity followed by Supernatural at #3 with over 65K and the the series premiere of Arrow at #4 with over 56K.
- CBS’ The Big Bang Theory drops two spots and comes in at #5 with over 52K in total activity followed by ABC’s Modern Family joins the chart at #6 with over 45K in total activity.
- NBC’s Revolution drops to #7 with over 42K in total activity followed by ABC’s Revenge at #8 with over 39K, down from 55K last week.
- FOX joins the rest of the gang with Fringe coming in at #9 with over 38K in total activity followed by Bones at #10 with over 36K.
- How 'Selfie' is Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Dateline Celebrates Premiere with Facebook Free-for-All and Live-Tweeting
- She May Have Been Named Miss America, But How Did Miss New York Fare on Twitter?
- Kerry Washington Dishes on Social Media, Sexism, and Living in ShondaLand