Yesterday, the ‘Today’ show debuted ‘Fresh Cooks Live: Today’s Spring Cookalong,’ a week-long series that features self-made cooks with large internet followings. The demos will air live on TV via a picture-in-picture format while simultaneously streaming on today.com.
Carson Daly is the host of the series, and will be utilizing social media to engage with fans. ‘Today’ has asked viewers to submit cooking photos and questions using hashtag #FreshCooksLive, and via Facebook.com/TODAY, and Facebook.com/TODAYFood. Daly will be fielding questions live on Twitter, and viewer-submitted cooking photos will be integrated across Today’s coverage.
• British ‘SORTED Crew’ Ben Ebbrell, Barry Taylor and Jamie Spafford, founders of SORTED Food
• Brandi Milloy, host of POPSUGAR
• Lorraine Pascale, author of ‘A Lighter Way to Bake’
• Daniel Klein and Mirra Fine, filmmakers of ‘The Perennial Plate’
• Krista Simmons, food editor at LAist.com
• Stacey Little, founder of SouthernBite.com and author of ‘The Southern Bite Cookbook’
- You Can Now Google 'America's Got Talent' to Save Your Favorite Contestants
- How 'Alex on the Plaza' is Using Social to Produce Great 'Today' Show Moments
- 'Despierta América' Unveils 'The Social Media Set'
- USA Network Partners With Wattpad for 'Dig' Prequel