Last night’s Grammys drew 28.5 million viewers – its second-largest audience in 21 years – and a little less than a fifth of those viewers were talking about the show on Facebook. 6.3 million people interacted with the social network over 13.5 million times. According to Facebook, the top five moments driving the conversation were:
1. Queen Latifah presides over weddings while Macklemore / Madonna perform “Same Love / Open Your Heart”
2. Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons perform “Radioactive / M.A.A.D City”
3. Metallica and Lang Lang perform “One”
4. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis win Best New Artist
5. Beyonce and Jay-Z open the show
Stars were updating their Facebook accounts throughout the night. A photo that Taylor Swift posted to Facebook of her and Song of the Year winner Lorde, received 317,000 likes.
Also, photos taken at the ‘InstaStop,’ which has become a staple at award shows, were posted to the Grammys Instagram account:
- Jimmy Fallon Tries Instagram's New Time-Lapse App 'Hyperlapse'
- VMAs Bests Emmys on Facebook with Triple the Engagement
- Women 25-34 Lead the Social TV Conversation During a Record-Breaking Shark Week
- Seinfeld Participates in Facebook Q&A to Promote 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'