The World Cup is officially underway and Twitter is already reporting on metrics. The blog post on Twitter highlights the “@TwitterData points you need to know.” Here are the metrics highlights from Brazil’s (@CBF_Futebol) 3-1 victory over Croatia (@HNS_CFF).
Over 12.2 million Tweets were sent about the match during the live telecast.
The most Tweeted about players
1. Neymar (gained over 165K followers too)
3. Marcelo Bierira
1. Marcelo Brozović
2. Luka Modrić
3. Ivan Rakitić
This map shows how the match touched nearly every country across the globe.
This photo grid shows how some of the most important moments in the match were reflected in the images the world shared onTwitter.
Twitter also pointed out that now all 32 teams have accounts, setting this major sporting event up to have a huge social TV impact. Iran’s National team (@TeamMeliIran) “just launched a Twitter account,” according to Twitter, making it the final one to join.
- Infographic: World Cup Shatters Facebook Engagement Records
- ESPN and Univision on World Cup: Enjoy the Games...On Our Terms
- The Record Breaking Continues: Facebook Tops 1 Billion World Cup Interactions
- Women 18-24 Drive World Cup Facebook Conversation on Monday