Univision Deportes’ broadcast of World Cup matches yesterday delivered the most-watched Saturday of group play in Univision Deportes World Cup history. So far, the network’s coverage of this year’s games is pacing ahead of its 2010 World Cup coverage by +25% among Total Viewers and +11% among Adults 18-49 through 8 matches. Univision Deportes is also outdelivering ESPN/ABC network’s average by +7% among Total Viewers and +2% among Adults 18-49 through the first 8 matches of the World Cup.
Here are some more social and digital highlights:
- Univision was the No. 1 network across all English and Spanish language broadcast networks on Saturday, June 14th, in terms of Twitter activity, beating NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX.
- Univision’s airing of the World Cup match between England and Italy on Saturday was the No. 1 program across all English and Spanish language broadcast networks that day in terms of Twitter activity.
- Saturday, June 14th is the second highest trafficked day ever for Univision Digital with over 5.9 million visits. The only day with more traffic is Friday, June 13, 2014, with over 7.9 million visits.
- The England vs. Italy live stream was Univision Digital’s most watched live stream of the day, with over 900K views, followed by Colombia vs. Greece with 680K views, Uruguay vs. Costa Rica with 660K views and Ivory Coast vs. Japan with close to half a million views.
- Infographic: World Cup Shatters Facebook Engagement Records
- ESPN and Univision on World Cup: Enjoy the Games...On Our Terms
- The Record Breaking Continues: Facebook Tops 1 Billion World Cup Interactions
- Women 18-24 Drive World Cup Facebook Conversation on Monday