Univision’s 11th annual “Premios Juventud” youth awards takes place tonight at University of Miami’s BankUnited Center with coverage kicking off at 7pm ET. The show will features performances by Romeo Santos, Becky G, Pitbull, and Enrique Iglesias. Inglesias is also set to take home the ‘Supernova’ award.
Throughout the years, ‘the PJ’s’ seeks to connect passionate young fans with their favorite celebrities via social and digital.
T-Mobile USA will continue its sponsorship of the ’360 DJ @ PJ’ experience, a search to find the hottest up-and-coming DJs, to be featured during the show and also on the Univision.com website and mobile page which launched this week. This online section will feature exclusive photos, testimonials, and video footage of all three finalists including the actual DJ battle.
Some key features and additions to this year’s show include:
- Fans are able to join the conversation by following @PremiosJuventud and using the hashtag #PremiosJuventud on Twitter & Instagram; they will also be able to comment along with others on fb.com/PremiosJuventud and find exclusive coverage of this year’s performers online at PremiosJuventud.com
- Real-time Twitter Social Voting & Instagram polling for the Top 3 Best-Dressed Male and Female Celebrities; fans will be able to choose their favorites
- A Social Media Roulette inviting celebrities to spin a wheel and participate in platform-specific tasks such as answering fan Q&A’s on Facebook, or sending a “Truth or Dare” via Snapchat or Instagram
- Ongoing celebrity GIFs will be uploaded and published on Twitter, for the first time in any awards show history
- Congratulatory messages from fans will be presented via Twitter and Facebook as their favorite celebrities perform and win prizes
- Winning nominees will record Facebook messages via the PJs FB page for all of the people they didn’t get to thank in their live speeches
- MTV Generating Buzz for EMA Ahead of 20th Anniversary Show
- BET Plans Extensive Social and Digital Activations for the 2014 Hip Hop Awards
- Streamy Awards Honor Internet's Best, Pay Tribute to Joan Rivers
- Stand Up To Cancer Partners With Facebook to Amplify Message